Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Crawling Back (NSFW)

When Chrysta's eyes rolled back, when she warned us about the storm, she'd said nothing about dildos rising on the floodwaters.


Across the store, Mrs. Duncan perches atop a stack of BBWs, squealing and splashing at a bobbing Fleshlight. Fat Willie clings to a video rack, screaming like a nine year old girl.
I'm squatting on the counter with Dead Rex gaping up my skirt.

"I can fix this," I bellow.

And I can. I've cast the blood to calm the raging water. Said the words. But they're wrecking my concentration. I'd swim across the store and beat Fat Willie to death with a flogger if he wouldn't call me for a date after.

Dead Rex gapes. Mrs. Duncan slaps. Fat Willie screams. The water laps against my ankles. From far away, Chrysta laughs the Witch's name.

"Jiminy Fuckmas!" I yell. "Shut up!" For all the good it does. Beneath the piercings my face burns. I can fight this back. All I need is space to breathe.

My shins are wet. There is no space to breathe.

I walked away from The Witch three years ago. Took her trove, never looked back. She earned that a thousand ways. I'm God-damned if I'm going to call on her now.

It's always about you, Chrysta says in my head.

Chrysta misses the big picture sometimes. But she's never wrong.

I draw the dry black fingerbone from between my breasts. Snap it between my fingers.

And hope it's enough to take back everything.--

Got bored working on the same story with no end in sight, so I prompted a 24-hour 250-word flash fiction contest over on reddit/r/fantasywriters. This one's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment